John P. Vaclavek, CPA, CFE, CGMA
Phone: (573) 499-6800
Fax: (573) 777-7800
John specializes in consulting services that include bankruptcy management, corporate turnaround, fraud consulting and investigation, litigation support and outsourced CFO services.
He has more than 20 years of public accounting experience providing audit, accounting and consulting services and approximately four years of experience as the CFO of a group of family owned businesses with sales in excess of $200 million and customers in domestic and international markets.
John is experienced in providing the following services.
Bankruptcy and Corporate Turnaround
- Organized and recreated accounting records for various entities, including a 3,500 lease portfolio; prepared tax returns and monthly operating reports.
- Prepared debtor’s schedules.
- Retained as a disbursing agent and also as the accountant for a disbursing agent.
- Retained by attorneys to prepare plans of reorganization and related projections.
- Assisted in the development and negotiation of post-petition financing for debtors-in-possession.
- Prepared accounting support for and testified in cases tried in Bankruptcy Court.
- Provided accounting and consultations to the Resolution Trust Corporation.
- Assisted questioning of individuals in 2004 examinations.
Fraud Consulting and Investigation
- Retained to perform and assisted clients with detailed investigations and documentation of fraud to support insurance claims.
- Retained to investigate stolen assets in national embezzlement scheme.
- Retained to investigate an attorney trust account theft. Successfully investigated and documented the thefts. Attorney was convicted and incarcerated.
- Assisted clients in developing improved internal controls to deter potential employee embezzlements and/or to avoid repeating of prior embezzlement schemes.
- Assisted attorneys in marital settlements including searches for hidden assets, economic valuation of financial assets and development of an equitable settlement.
- Developed damage calculations in a wrongful death case.
- Analyzed and provided information to defeat damage calculations provided as part of another professional’s testimony.
- Assisted in the development of deposition and examination questions.
John is a graduate of the University of Missouri with a Bachelor of Science degree in accountancy.
He is currently a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, the Missouri Society of Certified Public Accountants, the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners and the American Bankruptcy Institute. John has previously served as the President of the Missouri Chapter of the Turnaround Management Association. He has also served as a Missouri Quality Award examiner and treasurer of the Daniel Boone Little League.