Category Archives: Events
Posted On: 4-15-2018 | Posted By: WK Staff
Please join the Columbia Chamber of Commerce in its annual celebration of the community’s small businesses during Small Business Week, April 30–May 3, 2018.
Small Business Week is sponsored by Williams-Keepers LLC. Come learn about this year’s finalists during seminars that are open to the public.
- Buchroeders Jewelers… Monday, April 30, 4 pm, 1021 E Broadway
- Ragtag Film Society… Tuesday, May 1, Noon, 10 Hitt St.
- Kilgore’s Respiratory Services… Tuesday, May 1, 4 pm, NEW LOCATION: 1815 Chapel Hill, Suite 210
- The Connection Exchange LLC… Wednesday, May 2, 2 pm, Chamber
- Inside The Lines… Wednesday, May 2, 5 pm, 100 E Texas Ave.
Meet the Small Business of the Year finalists while enjoying a continental breakfast at the Small Business Week Kick-Off, Williams-Keepers LLC [2005 W Broadway], Monday, April 30, 7:30 a.m.
The week culminates with the announcement of the 2018 Small Business of the Year at the 2018 Small Business of the Year Award Reception, Thursday, May 3, 4–7 p.m., The Roof [1111 E Broadway]. Space is limited and register is required. To register, click here.
Seminars are free and open to the public. For seminar descriptions please click here.
Posted On: 4-2-2018 | Posted By: WK Staff
This course provides a comprehensive, hands-on introduction to ASC Topic 606: Revenue from Contracts with Customers. The course emphasizes the Core Principle of the standard through a deep-dive into the 5-Step Model.
- Thursday, May 3, 2018, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m., WK’s Columbia office
- Friday, May 4, 2018, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m., WK’s Columbia office
- Describe the requirements of ASC 606: Revenue from Contracts with Customers
- Apply requirements of ASC 606: Revenue from Contracts with Customers to various business transactions and scenarios
- The new standard in a nutshell
- Key areas of change from current GAAP
- Keys to success
- In-depth review of the five steps
- Key issues in each step
- Real-life examples and exercises for various industries
- Exploration of other complex issues affecting a variety of scenarios and industries, such as contract costs, right of return, warranties, licensing, and principal vs. agent considerations
- Transition options with relevant examples
- Expanded disclosures requirements and related data considerations
- Implementation issues or auditing issues in adoption of Topic 606
Posted On: 4-1-2018 | Posted By: WK Staff
WK is proud to introduce BOSS (Business Owners Strategies Series).
The BOSS Series was designed to provide business owners with effective strategies for managing their businesses and addressing key financial challenges through a series of planned informational seminars and associated resources and materials. WK BOSS Seminars will be offered bi-monthly in both Jefferson City and Columbia and will include a variety of topics such as but not limited to:
- Business Valuation
- Entity Structuring
- Strategic Tax Planning
- Estate Planning
- Retirement and Benefit Plans
- Internal Controls and Fraud Protection
- Executive Compensation Structures
- Alternative Insurance Strategies
- Cloud-Based Accounting Solutions
- Profit Modeling
- Industry Benchmarking Studies
If there are topics that you would like to see us cover in one of our upcoming seminars, we would love to hear from you! Please feel free to email suggestions to: email@example.com
We hope you can join us for our upcoming seminar.
You are invited to join Williams-Keepers for its next seminar in the Business Owners’ Strategy Series
Selecting the Right Retirement Plan for Your Business & Pitfalls to Avoid
Providing effective retirement savings options as part of an overall employee benefits package is a key aspect of attracting and retaining top talent in today’s competitive employment market. From sole proprietors to owners of larger-scale operations that cross all industries, business owners can choose from a variety of plan structures and investment tools to meet this important need. Keeping up with ever-changing plan requirements, regulations and options offers a significant challenge, as a one-size-fits all option simply is not available.
During the next installment of WK’s BOSS Seminar Series, Member Owners Jon C. Class, CPA and Jessica M. Lehmen, CPA will talk with business owners about the multitude of retirement plan structures and the specific benefits each structure can provide for employees and business owners as well as the common pitfalls and operational errors to avoid.
Whether you are working to ensure your existing retirement plan remains the best option or you are starting from scratch to develop a new plan structure, this session is designed to help you.
RSVP TO OUR UPCOMING SEMINAR:
Click to register for the session that is right for you.
Tuesday, April 24, 2018, 9–10 a.m., WK’s Columbia office, Suite 110Now full
- Tuesday, April 24, 2018, 11 a.m.-Noon, WK’s Columbia office, Suite 110
Tuesday, May 1, 2018, 9-10 a.m., WK’s Jefferson City officeNow full
- Tuesday, May 1, 2018, 11 a.m.-Noon, WK’s Jefferson City office
Seating is limited
Please contact your WK advisor if you have any questions regarding the new tax law or click here if you would like a WK representative to contact you.
Posted On: 1-10-2018 | Posted By: WK Staff
Subscribe to our BOSS mailing list
Posted On: 1-1-2014 | Posted By: WK Staff