Employee Benefit Plan Audits
Posted On: 6-23-2015 | Posted By: WK Staff
Employee benefit plans are great recruiting and retention tools, but they come with some serious responsibilities for plan sponsors: protecting the interests of the employees, managing the assets of the plan and complying with complex plan documents and IRS and Department of Labor regulations.
Heidi A. Chick, CPA, leads the employee benefit plan audit service team.
AICPA Employee Beneft Plan Audit Quality Center Resources:
Because of the very unique and complex nature of employee benefit plans, plan auditors need to have specific experience and training to provide quality services to sponsors.
WK’s experienced Employee Benefit Plan (EBP) audit team can help you meet regulatory requirements and reduce the risk to your organization and anyone who serves as a fiduciary. Whether an annual audit is required or you’d like a plan checkup, we look forward to working together.
WK provides audit and consulting services to the following types of employee benefit plans:
- Defined contribution plans such as profit-sharing and 401(k) plans
- Defined benefit plans
- Health Plans
- 403(b) Plans
- Governmental employee retirement and health systems
Our EBP service team members participate in annual training provided by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), Missouri Society of Certified Public Accountants, SunGard Corbel and other sources. Additionally, WK is a member of the AICPA Governmental Audit Quality Center and Employee Benefit Plan Audit Quality Center, and we regularly participate in the Centers’ training programs. Our team typically receives a minimum of eight to 10 hours of CPE directly related to employee benefit plan audits annually.
- Heidi Chick, CPA, is the leader of our EBP audit team and is the contact partner for the AICPA Employee Benefit Plan Audit Quality Center. She has more than 30 years of experience in auditing and working with all types of employee benefit plans. Heidi attends the annual AICPA National Employee Benefit Plan Conference, which draws more than 1,500 participants with presenters from national firms, the Department of Labor, and the Internal Revenue Service.
- Jon C. Class, CPA, is an audit member with more than 12 years of experience auditing employee benefit plans, including defined benefit plans, 401(k) plans, 403(b) plans, employee stock ownership plans, and profit sharing plans. He oversees many of the firm’s employee benefit plan audits and regularly participates in continuing professional education for the employee benefit plan industry, including the AICPA National Employee Benefit Plan Conference and various other courses through the AICPA’s Employee Benefit Plan Audit Quality Center.
- WK associate Faye Johnson, QPA, has worked in retirement plan administration since 1986. She is a member of the American Society of Pension Professionals & Actuaries (ASPPA), which is the premier national organization for career retirement plan professionals.
In order to resolve difficult technical issues and provide better service to our clients, we subscribe to TAGdata.com, a Wolters Kluwer product. TAGdata.com is a resource pension and benefit professionals can use to access information and ask questions of research specialists and ERISA attorneys.
To learn more about WK audit services, please call (573) 442-6171 or (573) 635-6196 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.