Complying with the Affordable Care Act
Almost four years after President Obama signed the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, businesses continue to toil to understand their responsibilities under the Act and deal with the potential financial implications. As regulations are written and various provisions are delayed, confusion continues to exist.
WK advisors Debra Mathes, CPA, and Mark Gingrich, CPA, J.D., have spent numerous hours since 2010 researching tax and business management issues related to the Act. They have written articles and given several presentations in an effort to keep their clients and the business community updated as to the Act’s requirements. We’re posting some of those resources below to help you stay up-to-date.
Please contact your WK advisor for additional guidance specific to your situation.
- Supreme Court rules closely held corporations cannot be compelled to provide contraceptive coverage
- Treasury simplifies ACA reporting rules
- New ACA delay for mid-size businesses
Helpful ACA Resources for Employers
- U.S. Small Business Administration
- U.S. Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
- Internal Revenue Service
- Department of Labor
- US Chamber of Commerce
- Kaiser Family Foundation
- National Federation of Independent Business
Helpful ACA Resources for Employees
- Healthcare.gov – U.S. Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
- Using your new insurance coverage – U.S. Department of Health & Human Services
- Subsidy calculator – Kaiser Family Foundation
For more information on employee benefits and payroll, signup for “Employer”